Friday, January 22, 2010

When you get your hair cut, dyed, or highlighted at a beauty salon do you tip the hairdresser and how much?

I don't know about percent wise, I usually tip according to how well I like the cut, and how much I can honestly afford.When you get your hair cut, dyed, or highlighted at a beauty salon do you tip the hairdresser and how much?
Yes, 20% if they did a good job. Nominal amount if they didn't. If they totally screwed it up, nothing.When you get your hair cut, dyed, or highlighted at a beauty salon do you tip the hairdresser and how much?
usually about 1 or 2 dollars. but I also just go to the place in the mall that doesn't charge a whole lot. if I were to go somewhere nice I would probably tip more.





and it depends on if I got a decent hair cut or if it really sucks and is uneven.
In America, I always give them 5 or 10 dollars. For people I go to for years, I usually give them even more. (after all...they keep all your secrets, don't they?)
I tip 15% for any service rendered. So if the bill is $40 I would give $6.....alot of hairdressers have to either pay a rent on their station or they work for an owner and get a small percent of the haircut.
Yes you do tip the hairdresser. I think it really depends on how much, generally 10%. If I pay $30 for a wash, cut and style I usually give $5 for the tip.
no way! i never tip my hairdresser. I pay him a fortune every time i go there, he needs no tips.
Always, it depends on the price of the service, but I usually stick with $5.00 up to $10.00
i believe its 15% but i just give out 5 bucks
yes yes yes! especially if you like what she did with your hair! if anyone knows how important your hair is, it's the hairdresser!
Yes you do..20% is kool...depending on if they did a decent job...I always tip 20% to 25% because I go to high end salons and always come out with killer hair!
2 bucks
yes, and 15% just like a waiter (ress)
I'm a hairstylist. Please tip if you hairdresser does a great job. Getting a cut, color, and highlights is a lot of work. Usually 20% is pretty good. People who tip only 3 bucks for 2 to 3 hours worth of work are cheap. Don't expect that hairstylist to excited about doing your hair again.
yes, a tip is certainly in order. I usually tip usually 20%.
Yes you should. It falls under a service and a tip is considered proper etiquette
Regularly any tip should be 10% of the service, but at least US$ 1
yes you should tip you stylist! an acceptable tip is usually ten percent of the price of all services given!!while a tip is optional, it is definately a great way to show your appreciation! if you are not comfortable with tipping money then give a nice gift at holidays(i.e.cookies,gift certificate etc)
you should always tip and tip well, especially if your stylist books up quickly. if you tip well he/she will be more apt to giving you breaks i.e. discounts on services products etc. the biggest reason why a stylist will charge you more for the service is if you do not tip him/her. Most stylist live off their tips. do not be stingy we are talking about your hair for gosh sakes!
I am a stylist. If your happy with your services then yes,and be as generous as you would like. Although 15-20% is the going rate. If dissatisfied then no.

No comments:

Post a Comment